Retailers capitalise on the buying habits of consumers making a second purchase after they have made their first. However, since the introduction of GDPR in May 2018 there has been a significant impact on the ability of retailers and brands to conduct re-targeting and retention marketing. It is essential that sellers take advantage of all the tools that they still have at their disposal to retain customers. For example, complementing digital channels with in-parcel print assets, connecting with the customer and prompting an additional purchase.
In this whitepaper we look at the unboxing experience and how it can be used as a further opportunity to engage customers.
Included in this whitepaper:
- Opening the parcel is the start of the journey: Retailers need to capitalise on the shopper’s positive emotions at the moment of opening the box as this is day zero for the customer’s next purchase.
- Research from over 10,000 InternetRetailing members to understand the importance they assigned to retention compared to other marketing activities – retention was seen as very important by 49% of respondents and important by 32%
- How to make the purchaser into a customer and how relevance and compelling content is as important in the in-parcel assets as they are anywhere else
- Eight applications of highly successful parcel inserts and the future of the unboxing experience
- Case study from luxury interior business Amara and online retailer Figleaves: How creating high quality personalised inserts into their parcels encourage customers to re-purchase