In this white paper, we look at the challenges that retailers face in terms of customer expectation, delivery, collection, returns and peak management and how automation can help to solve challenges in all these areas making e-fufiment both smarter and more profiable.
Retailers are constantly looking at ways not only to drive efficiencies but also to deliver on promises, and to stand out from the crowd. Smarter fulfilment allows such dreams to be realised…
In this white paper, published in partnership with Vanderlande, we analyse the responses of more than 150 supply chain, logistics, operations and delivery professionals as they share their perspective and strategies surrounding employing fulfilment to meet a heightened customer demand.
Some key discoveries in our research:
- The highest focus on improvement for retailers is improving the quality of service from carrier partners (39%).
- 41% of retailers have some element of delivery or returns as their biggest focus for operational development over the next two years.
- 42% of retailers are aware of a return only when it arrives at their warehouse or a dedicated returns processing centre.
- 1 in 5 retailers only automate up 10% of the order to dispatch process
- Nearly half of retailers are planning automation of their returns process in the next two years.