Download the Sustainability Report 2020 for an all-encompassing overview of the current state and future direction of sustainability amongst Europe’s leading retailers and brands.
Amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, the issue of sustainability has gained significantly more prominence. Indeed, consumers are pushing companies to be more transparent about their processes, while retail executives are giving deeper thought to how their work impacts the planet.
We cover everything from EU environmental policies, views from ecommerce associations across Europe and increasing sustainable supply chains, to ranking retailers across the world on their sustainability goals and consumer perceptions of companies, based on their level of environmental consciousness.
The report highlights that 75% of consumers in the UK and Ireland want retailers to use recycled and recyclable packaging, while 60% of adults who shop online in Europe
want the businesses they buy from to be transparent about their business practices. Also, find out how global retailers and brands rank in our RetailX Top50 based on their sustainability intentions.
The research also showcases numerous examples of how leading retailers such as M&S, Tesco and Amazon are taking steps to reduce plastic, food waste and cut down on CO2 emissions.
For all this, plus over 50 pages of detailed graphs, easy-to-understand figures and in-depth analysis, download the Sustainability Report 2020 now.
The full report includes:
- Partner perspectives
- Timeline of the UN’s sustainable goals
- Timeline of EU environment policies
- Consumer perceptions of fashion brands
- The RetailX Top50
- How retailers are responding to consumer demands for ethically produced goods
- Growth of more sustainable fashion at Zalando
- Fairtrade cotton – costs and benefits
- Worldwide air freight traffic
- Worldwide volume of seaborne trade
- Carbon dioxide emissions from transport worldwide
- Freight mileage in the EU
- Tesco: Reducing food waste in the retail supply chain
- CO2 per average trip and per drop/item
- Greenhouse gas emissions in the EU
- Internal operations: going behind the scenes
- Consumers shopping online
- Delivery: greening the final mile
- Parcel volumes in europe
- The financial benefit of the circular economy
- Highest scoring European brand and Retail B corporations
- Growth in disclosing companies
- Glossary of sustainability terms
- Over 50 pages of graphs, charts and figures